J. Patrick Rhode, M.D.
Dr. Patrick Rhode, a fellowship-trained physician and surgeon specializing in glaucoma, is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Illinois and the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago. He completed his internship at Illinois Masonic Medical Center followed by residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary in Chicago. Following residency, he became an Associate Professor at the University of Illinois and served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Rhode completed his training with a fellowship in glaucoma at the Eye and Ear Infirmary in Chicago and then joined the Illinois Eye Center in 1995. His specialty includes management of glaucoma; a condition that involves pressure related damage to the eye. Treatment options include laser surgery, medications and traditional surgery.
Dr. Rhode, a native of Piper City, IL resides in Peoria Heights with his wife, a radiologist, and their two children.
- Glaucoma Specialist
- Doctorate of Medicine: University of Illinois School of Medicine, Chicago
- Internship: Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago
- Fellowship in Glaucoma: University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago
- Faculty: University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria and Chicago
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology