Steven Sicher, M.D.
Dr. Steven Sicher, a fellowship-trained specialist in corneal and external eye diseases, is a cum laude graduate of Harvard University and received his medical training at Rush Medical College in Chicago. He completed his internship and residency training in ophthalmology at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City. He continued with fellowship training in cornea, external diseases, and uveitis at the Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalomology, University of California, San Francisco. A New York native, Dr. Sicher opened his practice in Peoria in 1980.
Dr. Sicher has been performing refractive surgery in the Peoria area since 1984 when Radial Keratotomy was first introduced in the U.S. Since that time, Dr. Sicher has been fully trained in a full complement of refractive surgery. He performs Laser Vision Correction, PRK and LASIK. He was a principal investigator with the CRS LASIK Study to aid in approval of LASIK by the FDA.
A Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Dr. Sicher lives in Peoria with his wife, a Peoria native. They have two sons and a daughter.
- Cornea and External Diseases
- Lasik Surgeon
- B.S.: cum laude Harvard University
- Doctorate of Medicine: Rush Medical College in Chicago
- Internship and Residency: Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City
- Fellowship in Cornea and external Diseases and Uveitis: Francis I. Proctor Foundation for Research in Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco
- Faculty: Chief of the Section of Ophthalmology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria since 1982
- Faculty: University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria and Chicago
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology