Donald Buehler, O.D.
Dr. Donald Buehler is a graduate of Indiana University School of Optometry. He graduated with high honors from Western Illinois University. Dr. Buehler is originally from Peoria and graduated from Manual High School. He completed the following internships:
- Fort Wayne VA Hospital, Indianapolis
- Fort Benjamin-Harrison Army Base
- Indianapolis University Low Vision Clinic
Dr. Buehler joined Illinois Eye Center in 1994. He is licensed to perform diagnostic and therapeutic optometry. He has completed specialty training in contact lens fitting and works with patients who require bifocal lenses, have astigmatism or corneal deformities.
A former president of the Illinois Valley Optometric Association and a current member of the American Optometric Association and the Illinois Optometric Association since 1985.
Dr. Buehler is married to Dr. Christine Buehler, a local pediatrician, and they have two daughters.
Optometry, Contact Lenses
- B.S.: Western Illinois University , Macomb , IL , with honors
- Doctorate of Optometry: Indiana University School of Optometry
- Awards: Feinbloom Low Vision Award, Irvin M. Borish Award, Member of Beta Sigma Kappa, Optometric Honors Society
- Clinical Rotations: Indiana University Community Eye Clinic, Hawley Army Community Hospital (Fort Benjamin Harrison , IN) Fort Wayne VA Medical Center, Illinois Street Eye Clinic, Indianapolis , IN.
- Member: American Optometric Association, Illinois Optometric Association