Michael Mercandetti, M.D.
Dr. Michael Mercandetti is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who completed a prestigious Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery as well as a Preceptorship in Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Mercandetti did his undergraduate work at Columbia University. He earned his Medical Doctor degree at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, after which time he attended the State University of New York at Buffalo for his Internship and Residency. After completion of his training, Dr. Mercandetti was a commissioned officer and served on active duty in the US Air Force for four years, and rose to the rank of Major. It was during his tenure in the Air Force that he did a Preceptorship in Facial Plastic Surgery. He then went on to do his Fellowship Training in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
While Dr. Mercandetti has more than 20 years of oculoplastic experience and has helped restore, as well as rejuvenate and reshape, the faces of thousands of patients, he treats each person with the individual care and dignity they deserve. He cares about getting to know them and is committed to answering whatever questions they may have about their specific treatment regimen.
He is a native of New York and resides in Sarasota, Florida, with his wife and two children.
Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- B.A.: Columbia University, New York, NY
- Master of Business Administration: University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Internship and Residency: S.U.N.Y. at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- Preceptorship – Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL
- Fellowship – Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, National Board of Medical Examiners