Who we are looking for:
People who are passionate about the care of our patients. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a medical team that puts our patients first and works well with a team of professionals. Someone who wants a successful career in the eye care profession where your efforts make a difference. We want people who are tech-savvy, enthusiastic, cares about others, and wants to work in a fast paced and fun environment.
Benefits for Ophthalmic Scribe:
We have an excellent benefit package including flex plan, 401k/profit sharing, insurance and paid time off.
This is a full time position. EOE
Responsibilities for Ophthalmic Scribe:
As an ophthalmic scribe, you will be assisting the physician and patients during exams, taking histories, chart documentation, patient education and maintaining patient flow.
Required: Medical terminology and previous healthcare experience
Preferred: MOA, LPN, COA, or other healthcare certification. Optician experience or pharmacy technician experience will also be considered.
• Must possess good communication skills
• Be well organized
• Ability to take directions
• Team player
• Flexible with hours
• Ability to plan ahead
• Must be courteous and have a pleasing personality when working with patients
• Ability to read and comprehend, write legibly, spell correctly, and proof read
• Ability to learn medical terminology and ophthalmic terminology and retain
• Ability to work with all age groups
• Computer skills
• Basic math skills