Jean Vahey, M.D.
Dr. Jean Vahey is a fellowship-trained specialist in both pediatric eye diseases and vitreoretinal disease. She completed her internship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Cleveland and her residency in ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Florida. Dr. Vahey continued with subspecialty training at the University of Illinois Eye & Ear Infirmary, where she completed a fellowship in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus, and at West Virginia University, Morgantown, where she completed a fellowship in retina and vitreous disease.
Dr. Vahey, who was raised in Ohio, is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology a board certified member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. She has contributed to articles in OPHTHALMIC SURGERY and the JOURNAL OF PEDIATRICS. At the Illinois Eye Center, her concentration is pediatric eye care and strabismus.
Residing in Peoria, Dr. Vahey's greatest pleasure outside of work is spending quality time with her two daughters.
Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus Surgery
- B.A.: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, summa cum laude
- Doctorate of Medicine: Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Internship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Ophthalmology Residency: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute/ University of Miami, FL
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus: University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Chicago
- Fellowship in Retina and Vitreous Disease: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
- Faculty: University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria and Chicago
- Member: American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology