Thomas Kirchgessner, O.D.
Dr. Thomas Kirchgessner completed his undergraduate Bachelor of Science degree from St. Ambrose University in Davenport , Iowa . He earned his Doctorate of Optometry from the Illinois College of Optometry. Dr. Kirchgessner has completed the following internships:
- Scott Air Force Base in O'fallon, Illinois
- Mountain Home VAMC in Mountain Home, Tennessee
- Illinois Eye Institute Pediatrics Clinic, Chicago Illinois
- Wolfe Eye Clinic in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Dr. Kirchgessner is a Member of the American Optometric Association. He is fully licensed to diagnose and treat most eye diseases. He has special training on the fitting of all contact lenses.
Dr. Kirchgessner joined Illinois Eye Center in 2000. He was born and raised in Peoria where he resides with his wife and four children.
He enjoys spending his free time outdoors.
Optometry, Contact Lenses
- B.S.: St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA, magna cum laude
- Doctorate of Optometry: Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago
- Award: Feinbloom Low Vision Award, Irvin M. Borish Award, Member of Beta Sigma Kappa, Optometric Honors Society
- Internships: Scott Air Force Base, O'fallon, IL; Mountain Home VAMC, Mountain Home, TN; Illinois Eye Center Pediatrics Clinic, Chicago IL, Wolfe Eye Clinic, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Member: American Optometric Association, Illinois Optometric Association