Yannis Kolettis, M.D.
Dr. Yannis Kolettis is an Ophthalmologist who is fellowship-trained in Refractive Surgery. He completed his internship at the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital in Virginia and his residency at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville. After residency, he fulfilled one year of additional subspecialty training at the University of Crete in Greece with Dr. Ioannis Pallikaris, the surgeon credited with pioneering the LASIK procedure. Dr. Kolettis is a board certified member of the American Board of Ophthalmology, and a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the International Society of Refractive Surgery. Dr. Kolettis is originally from the east coast and now resides in the Peoria area.
- Fellowship-trained, Refractive Surgeon
- B.S. Magna Cum Laude, University of Maryland
- Doctorate of Medicine: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Internship: Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville
- Refractive Surgery Fellowship: University of Crete, Greece
- Faculty: University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria and Chicago
- Member: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology