Colin Scott, M.D.
Dr. Colin Scott is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who first completed a residency in Neurology. That was followed by a second residency in Ophthalmology. He went on to undergo a fellowship in Neuro-Ophthalmology at the University of Iowa. Spending many educational years in the Midwest, Dr. Scott did his undergraduate work at Washington University in St. Louis, and earned his Medical Doctor degree at the University Of Toledo Medical College Of Ohio.
Dr. Scott received several honors and awards during medical school and residency, including the Medical School Research Fellowship Award from the American Pediatric Society and Society for Pediatric Research. Moreover, he was the Nassau University Medical Center Research Day Runner Up and Wisconsin Neurological Society Francis M. Foster Award Runner Up. Chief Ophthalmology resident was a designation bestowed upon Dr. Scott. He further demonstrated his educational strengths by participating in numerous publications, abstracts in scientific conferences, and giving many presentations throughout his career. Dr. Scott is also proud of the time he spent in academia acting as a preceptor to residents, providing lecture series to residents and medical students, and bedside teaching clinical neurology to medical students.
Having practiced medicine on both coasts, the Jacksonville/Springfield regions of Illinois, and in the southern United States, Dr. Scott is pleased to be returning to the Midwest where he first planted his Ophthalmology roots.
“I am proud to return to the Midwest, where I began my medical journey, and excited to care for patients in Peoria, an amazing medical community with outstanding, innovative technology.”
Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Cataract Surgery
- B.A.: Washington University
- Doctorate of Medicine: University of Toledo/Medical College of Ohio
- Internship: St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center
- Neurology Residency: University of Wisconsin
- Ophthalmology Residency: Nassau University Medical Center
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship: University of Iowa
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology