Who we are looking for:
People who are passionate about the care of our patients, who want to be part of a team that puts our patients first, who work well with a team of professionals, and who want a successful career where your efforts make a difference. We want people who are tech-savvy, enthusiastic, care about others, and want to work in a fast paced and fun environment.
We have an excellent benefit package including flex plan, 401k/profit sharing, insurance and paid time off. This is a full time position. EOE
$1000 sign on bonus with no ABOC and a $2000 sign on bonus with an ABOC!
As our Optician, you will assist and educate patients in appropriate selection of optical goods for patient’s needs.
What You’ll Do Every Day
• Take necessary measurements
• Process orders, post charges, and enter insurance into the computer system
• Dispense optical goods, as well as perform repairs & adjustments
• Assist with contact lens teachings
• Assist with inventory control, and answer department telephones
Qualifications & Skills Needed:
• High school graduate
• Optical experience
• ABO certification is not mandatory, but opticians are encouraged to obtain certification
• Adapt and fit corrective eyewear, including eyeglasses and contact lenses as prescribed
• Excellent communication, attention to detail, and customer service skills
• Optical knowledge to educate patients regarding availability/use of optical products
• Computer skills