Illinois Eye Center is a growing multi-specialty eye care delivery system that provides patients with access to routine, medical and surgical eye care. We have an excellent benefit package including flex plan, 401k/profit sharing, insurance and paid time off. EOE
Who we are looking for:
People who are passionate about the care of our patients, who want to be part of a team that puts our patients first, who work well with a team of professionals, and who want a successful career where your efforts make a difference. We want people who are tech-savvy, enthusiastic, care about others, and want to work in a fast paced and fun environment.
We have an excellent benefit package including flex plan, 401k/profit sharing, insurance and paid time off. This is a full time position. EOE
$1000 sign on bonus with no certifications, and a $2000 sign on bonus with certifications (COA, COT, COMT)!
As our ophthalmic technician, you will be working up patients for medical and routine eye exams.
What you’ll Do Every Day
- Record chief complaint, eye history, medical and social history
- Check visual acuity for distance and near
- Neutralization of spectacles
- Perform external light exam, Amsler grid testing, motility, confrontation field, refractometry, retinoscopy, IOP measurement (tonopen, schiotz, applanation, pneumotonometer), keratometry, and color vision testing
- Contact lens evaluations
- Refractometry – manual and using Epic
- Visual fields
- Acquire COA certification within 2 years, attend selected continuing education seminars, maintain CPR certification
Required: Knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the eye, optics, testing techniques, utilization of equipment relative to position. Must have experience with performing an external light exam, Amsler grid testing, motility, confrontation field, refractometry, retinoscopy, and IOP measurement.
Preferred: COA, COT, or COMT certification