Edward Hu, M.D., Ph.D
Dr. Edward Hu is a comprehensive ophthalmologist, able to provide the full spectrum of eye care to our patients. His advanced training and expertise is in small incision cataract surgery, and the latest medical treatments of retinal disease and surgical treatment of corneal disorders. Dr. Hu graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology from MIT and has both his PhD and MD from the New York School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Ophthalmology at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the International Society of Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Hu received numerous post graduate awards and has authored or co-authored articles for online publications and peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Hu is fluent in English, Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.
Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Cataract Surgery
- B.S.: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Ph.D.: New York University School of Medicine
- Doctorate of Medicine: New York University School of Medicine
- Internship: Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- Ophthalmology Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Member: American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, International Society of Refractive Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology